Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Pink short pants




People-watching.
I sat in Starbucks for a couple of hours today. I ordered Chicken Mushroom Spinach Panini (or whatever that is, I don't really remember. I simply ordered and enjoyed it, what matter is that it's food, yea?) without any drinks. Shame on me, I've been running low on money these days. Thinking on saving some money too, so yea. I'm currently limiting my expenses.

Beside me, there was a man. He was doing some architecture project, I guess. He got this really big-not-so-handy laptop on his table along with his Grande Caramel Frappucinno. He held his Blackberry like ALL the time, while I was there. It was approximately 2 hours and a half, yes.
Across of my table, I saw a native man. Probably Australian. He was wearing this white Polo shirt and short pants. Was reading his Jakarta Post, accompanied with his Starbucks' mug. I couldn't guess what he was drinking though. But if you ask me what my guess is, it'll probably be Green Tea Latte.
Why? Because of that look on his face when he had a sip. Exactly how I looked whenever I drank one too.
Green Tea Latte is -- and will always be, my best bud.

Okay, the thing is. I realized that most people who went to Starbucks, were alone -- including me.
Here goes the magic. I don't feel alone -- at all. Even though, I WAS alone.
I guess, that's what coffee shop is all about. 

Being alone without feeling alone. 
Giving you some time to think about everything, without giving other people pressure to ask you "Are you okay?"









Just you, and your best sipping buddy.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is so me. People watching is the best :)

-C

iSpy

usability studies by userfly